Dariana Desir, Undergraduate
Dariana is an undergraduate studying psychology, and minoring in chemistry and genetics, at New York University. In her spare time, Dariana loves exploring art exhibits, traveling and reading.
Julie Manikas, Graduate student
Julie is interested in exploring how endodermal cells remodel germ cells during early development. She received her B.S. in Biochemistry from Syracuse University where she studied how Rab GTPases orchestrate cilia development in zebrafish. When not in the lab, Julie enjoys going for long runs and exploring NYC for new coffee shops.
Eileen Diaz-Cruz, Administrative Coordinator
Eileen is a Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine pioneer. She has been at the Institute since its inception in 1994. After a short jaunt with the Neuroscience Institute she is happy to be back home.
Lauren Meyer, Graduate Student
Lauren is studying the process by which the excretory cell is initially formed. She received her B.S. in Molecular and Cellular Biology from Johns Hopkins University where she contributed to the construction of an artificial S. cerevisiae genome. In her spare time Lauren enjoys practicing yoga, gaming, honing her archery skills, and listening to Broadway showtunes.
Jeremy Nance, Principal Investigator
Jeremy is interested in how cell movements and shape changes sculpt tissues, organs, and embryos. He obtained his PhD at the University of Arizona with Sam Ward studying morphogenesis of C. elegans sperm, and as a postdoc with Jim Priess, began investigating mechanisms of cell polarization and gastrulation in C. elegans embryos. Jeremy is an avid birder, rookie gardener, yoga nut, and loves exploring New York’s amazing ethnic restaurants.
Aaron Schwartz, Graduate Student
Aaron is interested in mitochondrial inheritance in the C. elegans germ line. Before attending NYU Grossman School of Medicine’s Vilcek Institute of Graduate Biomedical Sciences, he studied nuclear envelope fusion in the developing zebrafish embryo and majored in biology and chemistry at SUNY Purchase College. When not in the lab, Aaron enjoys playing music for his cats, skateboarding around New York City, and exploring the Hudson Valley.
Nance Lab Alumni – position after leaving lab
- Yusuff Abdu (Graduate Student) – Postdoc, The Rockefeller University
- Joshua Abrams (Postdoc) – Instructor of Biology, Columbia University
- Annita Achilleos (Graduate Student) – Postdoc, Stower’s Institute (Now Assistant Prof., U. of Nicosia Medical School, Cyprus)
- Dorian Anderson (Graduate Student) – Postdoc, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Stephen Armenti (MSTP Student) – Ophthalmology Resident, University of Michigan (Now Assistant Professor, University of Pennsylvania)
- Emily Chan (MSTP Student) – Pathology Resident, UCSF. (Now Assistant Professor, UCSF)
- Kimberly Chen (Undergraduate) – Veterinary student, Cornell Veterinary School
- Daisuke Chihara (Graduate Student) – Postdoc at Mt. Sinai School of Medicine
- Angelica Guercio (Undergraduate) – Research Technician, UC-Riverside
- Jason Gill (Technician) – MSTP student at Stower’s Institute
- Allison Hall (Postdoc) – Assistant Professor, Regis University
- Diana Klompstra (Graduate Student) – Postdoc, The Rockefeller University
- Chelsea Maniscalco (Graduate Student) – Medical Associate, The Scienomics Group
- Daniel McIntyre (Postdoc) – Assistant Professor, University of Virginia
- José Montoyo-Rosario (Graduate Student) – applying to Genetic Counseling programs
- Monica Rohrschneider (Postdoc) – Editor, American Journal Experts – Now Regulatory Consultant, CBR International.
- Ann Wehman (Postdoc) – Group Leader, University of Würzberg. (Now Assistant Professor, University of Denver).
- Yuliya Zilberman (Postdoc) – Senior Scientist, Telocure.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine
522 First Avenue, Smilow 810
New York, NY 10016